• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

David A. Wright

The Hunt for Susan Coon (Lassen Applegate Trail, NW of Rye Patch)

Bob ought to like this one, since it's near his favorite fishing hole at Rye Patch.

The hunt for Susan Coon, who died in 1860 during after giving birth to her son at Antelope Spring. One of the few surviving original graves along the Lassen-Applegate trail. Three years later, two Unionville prospectors were murdered next her grave. One is buried yards away. Follow my quest to find the grave of Susan Coon.

A note, since this page is no longer online, an aid to seeing the images clearer is a trick I just recently learned. I believe it works on browsers other than Internet Explorer. Push CTRL + ALT to magnify the page. The formatting stays intact (except at levels zoomed far out or close in), but images and text easier to read for old eyes like mine.

RESN&GB4x4 Trips The Hunt for Susan Coon.mht

RESN&GB4x4 Trips The Hunt for Susan Coon.mht

That was an excellent read, do you have the GPS coordinates for the graves? Did you ever make it to Scossa?

No, didn't make it to Scossa. I did go to the top of Imlay Summit not too far away while chukar hunting in the area last November.

I'd rather PM the coordinates to you than publish them.

I agree 100% David, I was just wondering if you would be willing to share them. I agree with not publishing them online as vandals love to destroy our beloved history. I would be very grateful if you would be willing to PM them to me. :)

No, I haven't. Having dial-up Internet, and half speed dial-up at that, I don't do much browsing. I primarily stick to the forums, as they load reasonably fast.

Yeah, we did find it after a little search. We passed it up a few times, went way up the road and it got a little sketchy. Came back and I said I am going to get out and have a look and finally found it.