• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Post up your flowers. Please remark rather they are wild or garden and if you know, the name. 

Below are wild desert flowers. The blue ones most people step over while looking for wildflowers 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I photographed these at the Gardens of the World in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Photo #1 is a flowering artichoke.

Photo #2 is a Brown-eyed Susan

Photo #3 are Columbines

Photo #4 is a Passion Flower

Photo #5 is a wild rose of the Rosamundi Floribunda family.

Artichokes_6.jpg

brown_eyes.jpg

Columbine_2.jpg

Purple_Passion_1.jpg

Shocking_1.jpg

Creosote, it's all over the place here, extremely common. These yellow flowers ruined mine and my wife's clothes when cruising overgrown trails back when I had the open body Jeep. image.thumb.jpg.8ea66a4644d9a07d8630a40e

These are all wildflowers here, as to the botanical names . . . ❓image.thumb.jpg.01547af405ee7fca59fe7fb6image.thumb.jpg.05af4d283bd7d875a5716206image.thumb.jpg.f3a0a4e3280dbf11645193b5

Edited by El Polvo

Fantastic shots El and Cindy! I haven't spent much time photographing flowers, might have to give it a shot. I will see if I can dig up any I did get though.

El, the yellow flowers are commonly called Hillside Daisies. I grow these in my garden to attract butterflies and bees. The small orange ones on the long stem are Copper Globemallows. The tiny white ones look more like a flowering weed that I can't identify :)

El, over the past few years I have had plenty of time to learn how to identify flowers, LOL! I also have 4 or 5 gardening books, lots of seed and plant catalogs and there are some great databases online for identifying. I am going to make a thread for identifying flowers :)

I believe this first one is Desert Lupine and the second one maybe Desert Mule's Ears

image.thumb.jpg.1680c1b53454656ce92ebcc6image.thumb.jpg.1d6e159881d1d346f7497807

Edited by El Polvo

I tried to resize though I don't know if I did it right. I checked the links Cindy posted and this seems to be a California Mountain Lilac though I could be wrong lol. It was on the sidewalk

This one was in my apartment building and I tried to identify it I couldn't find anything to match

IMG_0309.jpg

Flower-0393.jpg

Flower-0396.jpg

Not a flower, but anyone know what type of mushroom this is? 

Mushroom.jpg

Looks like a calvatia species according to this site:  http://mushroomobserver.org/species_list/show_species_list/28

Edited by dery