• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU CREW

How Many Miles Are On Your Explore Rig?

How Many Miles Are On Your Explore Rig?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Miles Are On Your Explore Rig?

• Less Than 50k Miles
    • Between 50k and 75k miles
    • Between 75k and 100k miles
    • Between 100k and 150k miles
    • Between 150k and 175k miles
    • More than 175k miles

David.................................I hope we can make this thing work and have fun with it, but I don't have any grand ideas of how wealthy we'll be down the road.

The Vargo's weren't trying to get rich as well, but was mearly an extension of their own love for the region and a hope to share it with others. However, the main point being that there was a lot of red tape involved to make it all legal and covered against liability, which was cost prohibitive. The services you plan to provide may be simpler and less costly. I hope you do well in AZ and/or the Eastern Sierra. With the economy slowly rebounding it might go better.

• Like 2

In California, everything seems to be extremely expensive with massive red tape. It's probably a lot cheaper and easier to get a business going in AZ.

Maybe in most cases, but in this case I have to deal with the Tonto National Forest Service, the State Land Trust, and BLM. If I cross property belonging to any of these entities I have to have a permit. I'm trying to narrow down and eliminate one of them, but it's pretty difficult to do so. A few years ago I just about gave up due to all the red tape. I've done my homework this time and we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's so difficult to start any kind of business today, they make you jump through so many hoops. It's good to hear you have already done your homework, so it should be fairly easy for you to at least get started. Please keep us up to date with your progress, I am looking forward to hearing how it goes. :)

Doing quite well, thanks. How about you?

Driving been straightened out, love to add 100's or 1000's of miles, but cannot, financially, its tough right now.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got that all straightened out. Finances look dim for many of us these days.

Finances look dim for many of us these days.

Quite true these days.

Not going to be adding a lot of mileage anytime soon.

Dept. of Licensing wants to suspend my driver license again on November 4th for additional 90 days, but all they want me to do is install that ignition interlock device for a year. Anyway going to deal with them as I did this mess to myself.

Yep, actually kinda messed up. Will deal with it.

Only driving that I'll be doing is places I need to go, no pleasure drives.

Maybe in most cases, but in this case I have to deal with the Tonto National Forest Service, the State Land Trust, and BLM. If I cross property belonging to any of these entities I have to have a permit. I'm trying to narrow down and eliminate one of them, but it's pretty difficult to do so. A few years ago I just about gave up due to all the red tape. I've done my homework this time and we'll see how it goes.

Flatiron, did you ever get your guide business started? 

Not many, but with a sick boy in the family we haven't been out much. Can't believe he was diagnosed 2 years ago. Hoping to go around the 18th of next month but Dawson's health isn't stable...:(

If he is able we want to make a bang up trip of it.

The 2014 Armada is about to turn 100,000 miles. 

On 4/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Not many, but with a sick boy in the family we haven't been out much. Can't believe he was diagnosed 2 years ago. Hoping to go around the 18th of next month but Dawson's health isn't stable...:(

If he is able we want to make a bang up trip of it.

I will keep him in my prayers. Nothing worse than a sick child. :22gloomyandsad:

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 7:11 PM, Bob said:

The 2014 Armada is about to turn 100,000 miles. 

I will keep him in my prayers. Nothing worse than a sick child. :22gloomyandsad:

Thanks Bob. We will take all the prayers we can get.

They were supposed to leave on their "Make a Wish" foundation trip today...it was postponed, again. We have a big trip to the desert coming up in mid May. We are all sut praying he stabilizes and we can take him n that trip. Not much compared to what he was supposed to be doing, but at this point...

• Like 1

Been a few years, figured I would bump this old thread. Just got two new explore rigs, a RAM Rebel and a Toyota 4runner. Rebel will tow a trailer when we get one, and the 4runner is a pretty awesome off road vehicle! 

• Like 1

Currently have 52,004 miles in the car that I had since 2014.

• Like 1

2013 Jeep JK... 20,557 miles.   2015 Ram 1500 31,867 mile.

Working from home makes for a short commute... so pretty much all of those miles are exploring and weekly grocery getting 😉