• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

David A. Wright

2002 Toyota Tacoma Door Handle Replacement

Update: Nothing to report. All just fine. Even with missing clips, door panel is still secure. OEM Toyota handles working normally.

I hate digging into doors...  less so now that I have a set of trim tools and a bunch of different body hardware on hand.... still a pain in the backside for sure.. 

Good to hear of your success!

Thanks. The door panel is still missing around three fasteners, but feels firmly attached, doesn’t move around or rattle. I know I can get them here at the auto parts stores, but don’t feel like pulling the panel off and potentially breaking more (to replace three, another three will break, etc.).

2 minutes ago, David A. Wright said:

Thanks. The door panel is still missing around three fasteners, but feels firmly attached, doesn’t move around or rattle. I know I can get them here at the auto parts stores, but don’t feel like pulling the panel off and potentially breaking more (to replace three, another three will break, etc.).

Makes sense to me... I purchased a set of the most common body clips so I had some on hand, comes in handy.. *IF* I've got the right one.. pretty sure my Jeep is missing one on the drivers door.. no rattle.. no problem!

I forget the number of fasteners holding the panel, but the missing three represented a low percentage of the total, thus my lack of motivation.