Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NevadaGeigle

Nugent Cabin, Mono County, California on 10-15-2016

Just my preference: I’m not a big fan of video of walking around between ruins, aiming the camera this way and that (although I’ve done plenty of that in my early days). The dense growth, plus the music, gives the video an almost “Deliverance” feel to it in the first three minutes.

Was that a noose hanging in the screened window of the porch? Yes, it was. Maybe to lasso bears? 😋

Nice cabin. Must be a pain to rodent proof.

Nice camp shower. A cold run nekkid back across the road can be exhilarating! 😁

2 hours ago, David A. Wright said:

Just my preference: I’m not a big fan of video of walking around between ruins, aiming the camera this way and that (although I’ve done plenty of that in my early days). The dense growth, plus the music, gives the video an almost “Deliverance” feel to it in the first three minutes.

Was that a noose hanging in the screened window of the porch? Yes, it was. Maybe to lasso bears? 😋

Nice cabin. Must be a pain to rodent proof.

Nice camp shower. A cold run nekkid back across the road can be exhilarating! 😁

so basically you did not like it...my next one i will try to look for some ghosts...LOL.

Ya did post in critiques ;-). 

I thought it was pretty well done, smooth movement .... not excessive zooming... paused at points.  Only critique I have is to work on your 'steadicam arm'.  When walking and shooting it helps to have a pretty weird gait, knees bent goal is to keep the camera from bouncing with each step.  You can also compensate with your arm, I usually use a combination of funny walk and relaxed arm to let the camera stay at the same level.  It's much easier with a heavier camera..these tiny things they make ...ack..