• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Inspired by recent interest here about crawling and slithering critters, thought I would start a "post them" thread

This little guy here is very common here.

Here is a gopher snake we came across, it was fairly long and a nice looking snake.

How do you host pics here??

If you click on the more reply options button next to the post button, you will see a little box where you can attach images or files. Lemme get a screen shot for you.

Here is a screenshot of how to upload.

well, in the last couple hrs since my last post we've had a monsoon blast through here. It started with the crackle boom of thunder then wind. ( I've been out on the desert chasing my shed). We had hail coming down sideways and then rain.it left as quick as it came and my lab and I went out to drain the lake in my yard.

I heard a rattlesnake buzz and my dog backed up and stared at a stump of a fallen yucca. I saw a glimps of a snake then heard rattle again. I put the dog up, grabbed my camera and went back out there. Only heard him never saw him again. He's somewhere in or under this stump a couple feet from my clearing. I shot the stump and looked through the pics but never saw him. He quit buzzing and I wasn't about to stick my hand in there to grab him LOL.

That's a nice looking King snake! We have some of those burro's around here too. The one we seen yesterday had to have been released recently as it walked right up to our Durango's window and let us pet him.

We go by Lake Pleasant on our way down to Phoenix. Haven't been down that way in yrs.

One of those burros got hit over on the AZ-95 about a week ago. But the one in the photo was about 2 hrs out from 95.

my dog is snake trained, lol, he stopped dead about 15 ft shy of this Garter snake, walked WAY, WAY around it watching it like a hawk.

We usually see either the mohaves or the western D-back rattlers here. I rarely see these guys or the king that I posted before. Even see an ocassional sidewinder. I've seen three of those in the last couple yrs. I'm hoping to see another desert tortoise. We had one come around several times. If he comes back I'll get out my camera and shoot him. Those deer where right up the road from my hse too.

We got 80 acres. It's desert flats with mostly creosote brush & yucca trees. The nearest town is a semi-ghost town itself, very small, and about 25 miles away.