• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

El Polvo

Critters

I personally think that the good of it certainly out ways the bad. Even before we got power, these summers without air are brutal but cities are worse. These cell phones and satellite discs are awesome, to bring in a simple phone line WITH government assistance paying over half, way way back when, would have cost me out of my pocket 60k. When we first got a cell phone, signed a two yr contract, got it here . . . NO RECEPTION. Even now it's an "iffy".

this little guy was really starting to get PO'd at me the other morning so I shot a few with my phone and went on my way.

I already lost one to a Mohave a couple yrs back, the little guy was right next to me too. I never saw the thing and it did NOT buzz. Man he died fast.

That's sucks, sorry to hear El! It's amazing how many rattle snakes I have seen that do not rattle, even when they seem me approaching. I would much prefer to have them rattle and let me know they are there. How long did it take for the poor fellow to succumb to the bite?

One of my other dogs attacked it and started slinging it so we ran to get away from it. The little guy came yapping over to me but fell over shortly after and within a few minutes he died. My other dog was slinging snake guts everywhere by then. He' s gone too but from old age. That long thick fur he had is what I'm guessing always save him. He killed several snakes in his many yrs. He attacked them.

I've only seen a few this last yr or so. One yr we had between 15 and 20 right outside the door, one IN the house. What dogs we have are fed and watered inside that keeps those field mice and kangaroo rats away and therefore the snakes follow. I rarely get home or leave at dark though since I don't work

Here is a gopher snake we came across, it was fairly long and a nice looking snake.

attachicon.gifGopher Snake.jpg

If you click on the more reply options button next to the post button, you will see a little box where you can attach images or files. Lemme get a screen shot for you.

Here is a screenshot of how to upload.

attachicon.gifupload_stuff.PNG

Nice! I had one about the same size living in my front yard when I lived in Higley, Arizona back in the 1990's. Also had a Coachwhip snake living in the tree in the front yard. Lost count of the number of Rattlesnakes I had to deal with.

Here are some photos of the critters we seen at frontage road. The rattle snakes were thick on the ground here. We came across three just heading back to our vehicle.

My teenage daughter nearly stepped on this one.

Here you can see a big rattlesnake looking a little pissed:

Here we are about a million miles underground harassing a bat.  He's fine.  They're deep sleepers.  If he would have started flying around, you would have seen my light flailing blindly like in a bad horror movie and heard me screaming like a little girl.  Probably would have seen me on the news too because I would have been running while screaming in the dark. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx75dfBq_c8