Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Marco

Got caught exploring abandoned houses

Wow both your group and that property owner defused that situation perfectly.  I have seen worse.  As for quality, this video turned out great.  How did you blur the owner's face?  If you took any pics along side this video, I would love to see that too.  

All I was thinking was "were on this guys property we have no right to be giving him any kind of problems". I think thanks to that he let us explore. To blur out his face I use an app called "video toolbox". That iPad I'm holding is all I use to edit haha. I did take plenty of photos, I will post them soon! We appreciate the good comments!

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Good point, and it's always a good idea to play it safe and be respectful when approached on private property. Not a good place to get into an argument with the possible owner, so I think you handled it perfectly. I do wonder if it were really his property, sometimes people like to claim property that is not theirs just to give them the upper hand and to make you talk, but I think if anyone really wants to keep someone out of an abandoned place, they usually put up private property or no trespassing signs. 

Now that you mention it I do remember awhile back we were scoping the place out and there was a strong scent of marijuana coming from the building he came out of.  I would not be surprised if he thought we were about to walk in on his grow op so he came out thinking we were competition but then saw that we were harmless. This is a little mean but honestly he looked like a "dope head" himself haha. More than likely it was probably his property though.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I wonder if he were cooking a little meth himself? You're probably right about the competition angle. 

With the calm way he acted, I doubt he had anything to do with meth.  Pot would be the quick to calm druggie.  Unless he used meth and/or cocaine too.  I still run into someone I know from highschool once in a blue moon who was a narc that only did pot, shrooms and prescription drugs.  If you did not take drugs with him nor was (in my case) just a classmate of his, you'd never know he did illegal substances.  

You have to wonder if that person is in fact the owner, he sounded a bit off however that might have just been adrenaline which would be normal confronting unknown persons.  Well done on defusing the situation, as there were no signs you were well within your rights to be on the property up until the point you were asked to leave.  It was very nice to of him to let you continue exploring, and warning about the weird vet... as that encounter could have gone wrong is many ways.

13 hours ago, El Polvo said:

Wow!! Good way to handle that, well done, video went great too afterwards. Well done 

Thank you we appreciate that!

On 3/3/2017 at 9:29 PM, Marco said:

All I was thinking was "were on this guys property we have no right to be giving him any kind of problems". I think thanks to that he let us explore. To blur out his face I use an app called "video toolbox". That iPad I'm holding is all I use to edit haha. I did take plenty of photos, I will post them soon! We appreciate the good comments!

Can't wait to see photos. Great video, Marco!