• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bob

Post Your Channel Info Here And Let's Sub To Each Other

11 hours ago, el flaco said:

I never went to Mexico friend .. the abandoned mine that I visit is called La Mexicana .. but it is in Argentina .. someday I have thought to go to Mexico to climb the Peak of Orizaba ..

Ah, I see.  It's the same situation as Bottle Creek I guess. 

I took a few more minutes to look at the pictures, above.  The blue stalactites are COOL!!!  I'm guessing they are some sort of copper carbonate?  Either way, they're really neat looking,

8 hours ago, desertdog said:

I took a few more minutes to look at the pictures, above.  The blue stalactites are COOL!!!  I'm guessing they are some sort of copper carbonate?  Either way, they're really neat looking,

I agree with Ed.  They remind me of a "rainbow cave".  However I'm no hardcore geologist nowadays.  I was in the mid to late '90s.  However, I lost interest in geology by 5th grade (02).  

if that I think friend, a kind of carbonate .. there was a lot of sulfur in the mine .. and metals such as gold, silver, pyrite, copper .. we arrived 3 km inside .. the depth of the mine is not known precisely .. estimated at about 25 km ..

On our youtube channel we like to document our road trips, which sometimes includes exploring abandoned places.  We're always fascinated with finding out the history of any place we visit, abandoned or not, far from home (southern California) or not.  We also enjoy going wine tasting too!

https://www.youtube.com/c/LexandNeek

If you subscribe to our channel, let us know in the comments and we'll be sure to subscribe back!

On 11/6/2017 at 4:24 PM, LexandNeek said:

On our youtube channel we like to document our road trips, which sometimes includes exploring abandoned places.  We're always fascinated with finding out the history of any place we visit, abandoned or not, far from home (southern California) or not.  We also enjoy going wine tasting too!

https://www.youtube.com/c/LexandNeek

If you subscribe to our channel, let us know in the comments and we'll be sure to subscribe back!

Interesting channel there. I have subscribed to your channel there, hoping for a subscribe back! Thanks!

Our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrNqMXvNR5nRn2Q45Dh3FzA

Hey, everybody! Just subbed to everyone here (everyone I was not already subbed to, anyway). Sin, in particular I was glad to be the 2nd subscriber to your brand-new channel! I remain Random Coyote at this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSoQgzBtc-ImZmopTEIsLsA?view_as=subscriber

I know I have been posting very little of late; it has been an unusually busy Fall season for me. I do have plans for more and a lot of Idaho in the south and central area will be explored. I have a list of at least a dozen or more interesting areas to document, but with winter settling in some of it will have to wait.

19 hours ago, The Area 51 Rider said:

The Area 51 Rider

Some of you may already know me

https://www.youtube.com/TheArea51Rider

I've been poking around the border of Area 51 since 2003

logo3.jpg

I've watched a number of your videos.  The one that sticks out is when you found that camping gear (with the K-Bar knife), and then the climbing gear inside the mine portal.  That was creepy for any number of reasons.  Very good stuff.  Of course I *do* go deep into mines, but that's just my preference. :)

1 hour ago, desertdog said:

I've watched a number of your videos.  The one that sticks out is when you found that camping gear (with the K-Bar knife), and then the climbing gear inside the mine portal.  That was creepy for any number of reasons.  Very good stuff.  Of course I *do* go deep into mines, but that's just my preference. :)

Yeah, I took a lot of crap for that video. Me checking for ID or God forbid a dead body, turned into me "stealing" and "trashing". Like I need Walmart camping gear or a surplus store knife.

I took issue with a few people for going into those mines, mainly because of people that might try it without being prepared and equipped. Which I assume you are. As you probably know, the BLM in Nevada try very hard to keep people out of the thousands of abandoned mines in that state, fencing them off with signs.

Hey - if you want to cross-promote channels, I will add you to my "Cool Stuff I Like" sidebar if you'll do the same!

On 12/20/2017 at 4:00 PM, The Area 51 Rider said:

Yeah, I took a lot of crap for that video. Me checking for ID or God forbid a dead body, turned into me "stealing" and "trashing". Like I need Walmart camping gear or a surplus store knife.

I took issue with a few people for going into those mines, mainly because of people that might try it without being prepared and equipped. Which I assume you are. As you probably know, the BLM in Nevada try very hard to keep people out of the thousands of abandoned mines in that state, fencing them off with signs.

Hey - if you want to cross-promote channels, I will add you to my "Cool Stuff I Like" sidebar if you'll do the same!

Eh, screw 'em if they don't like it.  Out in BFE, you come across something abandoned, the logical thing is to investigate.  It could have been an old smuggler camp for all you know.  The knife was a K-Bar, right?  Those are decent tools.  Surprising that the rest of the gear was all craptastic junk. 

I go into mines as prepared as I possibly can be.  I always have an ambient oxygen meter, multiple sources of light + extra batteries, helmet, gloves, basic trauma kit and the like.  If there's cause for it, proper climbing gear comes in, too.  Some other folks use lines that are more of a canyoneering or sport climbing type, but I only use NFPA-rated life lines (part of the reason is my SAR background).  When I rig systems, I rig them with a 10:1 safety factor and capable of handling a rescue load (400kg).  If shit goes sideways, I can self-rescue or rescue an exploring partner w/out having to re-rig, find new anchors, etc.  I know some disagree with entering old mines, and I understand why.  Some of my SAR buddies think I'm crazy, but would have zero problem on a highline 3000 feet above Yosemite Valley.  :-)

Sure, cross-promoting is good.  I'll add you when I'm done installing flooring this afternoon!

Hm.  I went looking.  There is no "Cool stuff I like" sidebar in my account or channel settings that I can find.

Hello gang, PANICd.com has been around since 2010.   It is a database that documents locations around the United States with Paranormal Activity.   Back in 2010, we also created the YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/panicdvideos however, we really never did anything with the video channel until just recently.   Over the years, my wife and I have been blessed with the ability to travel the country and visit ~180 of the locations within our database, so we decided to start creating a series of videos called "Our Haunted Travels".   We have been looking for others who like to travel, explore, investigate, document historical finds, etc.   Check us out, give us a sub if interested.  Thank You.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:56 PM, desertdog said:

Hm.  I went looking.  There is no "Cool stuff I like" sidebar in my account or channel settings that I can find.

It's a module you add, you can call it whatever you want. I can't even remember how I did it.

EDITED TO ADD: you have go into Channel Settings and turn on "Customize the layout of your channel"

Now you should have a box called Featured Channels. You can add links to other channels, change the name of it to whatever you want, etc.

Edited by The Area 51 Rider
Figured it out

:lmao22::lmao22:   :popcorn2:Ouch Foster!!  And I thought I was turning into a firebrand Presbyterian.  Are you Anglo-Celtic too?  

On 12/23/2017 at 7:34 PM, The Area 51 Rider said:

It's a module you add, you can call it whatever you want. I can't even remember how I did it.

EDITED TO ADD: you have go into Channel Settings and turn on "Customize the layout of your channel"

Now you should have a box called Featured Channels. You can add links to other channels, change the name of it to whatever you want, etc.

Found it and added!  Thanks.  The YT interface is so crappy.  Actually, most interfaces these days are crap. 

I still can't figure out how to have featured channels.  I have  60 subscribers so I don't even know if I qualify.  -I tried to feature yall and others but no luck.  

7 hours ago, dery said:

I still can't figure out how to have featured channels.  I have  60 subscribers so I don't even know if I qualify.  -I tried to feature yall and others but no luck.  

This is all I did (from the above instructions):

[Y]ou have go into Channel Settings and turn on "Customize the layout of your channel"

NB: That box should appear on the right side of your channel window when looking at your channel as *you* (the owner).

On 12/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, desertdog said:

I've watched a number of your videos.  The one that sticks out is when you found that camping gear (with the K-Bar knife), and then the climbing gear inside the mine portal.  That was creepy for any number of reasons...

Agreed. I liked that one, too. Someone doesn't just leave gear like that. Something.... something's up.

17 hours ago, coyote said:

Agreed. I liked that one, too. Someone doesn't just leave gear like that. Something.... something's up.

I would have saved the K-Bar from certain death, but that's about it.  50% of surviving is a good knife.  The other 50% is not being an asshat! :D

23 hours ago, proper explorations said:

I explore abandoned places in the Nevada desert my channel is proper explorations

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl7a-ulGSxSm7s88uSnPjQw

That's awesome. I recognize some of the places you're showing.  Very cool stuff!