• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

57butler

Exploring Amatol NJ Ruins and Where Amatol Racetrack Used to be

New video is up. :-)
We explore Amatol NJ. Was a munition production area in the early 1900's. When it was abandoned, they built the Amatol Raceway which was huge but only lasted a few years.

I'm going to start implementing "Ally Cam" in my videos. She's pretty enthusiastic. There are a couple clips of her recording in here. She caught me on cam a couple times, I was kind of hesitant on leaving that in there because I'm a bit overweight. But I've come to terms, lol.

Love the video! You look GREAT! Hey, we are explorers, not beauty pageant contestants. We get dirty, mucky and stinky and don't fix our hair or wear make-up when exploring, LOL!

https://www.evfc160.com/main/staticpages/index.php/20091027221001323

AmatolMap.jpg

1 hour ago, CindyN11 said:

Love the video! You look GREAT! Hey, we are explorers, not beauty pageant contestants. We get dirty, mucky and stinky and don't fix our hair or wear make-up when exploring, LOL!

https://www.evfc160.com/main/staticpages/index.php/20091027221001323

AmatolMap.jpg

Sweet find! That's it :-) You really are good :-)
I found a forum where someone had overlaid this map with current Google Earth and it's pretty interesting. I think most of this is where it's private property.  :-(
And thank you for the kind words. :-)

8 hours ago, 57butler said:

Sweet find! That's it :-) You really are good :-)
I found a forum where someone had overlaid this map with current Google Earth and it's pretty interesting. I think most of this is where it's private property.  :-(
And thank you for the kind words. :-)

You are very welcome. We are like a family here. Anyone says something mean and they get their ass kicked. Ask @El Polvo I kick his ass all the time! ;)

I'm doing a Photo Essay for my University on Amatol. Is anybody able to give me a more exact location on where i can find the munitions buildings? I have parked by the Avenue A (baseball fields) and gone down that road but Had no luck finding ruins. I can see the race track on Moss Mill Rd, but I am more interested in the ammunition storage ruins.  Any help anyone can  provide would be beneficial.

Thank-you

Kathy has been out of commision for a while with the rest of the Pa-NJ sector.  My only experience with Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh(California mostly) and I don't have contact with my step family up there any more.