• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MB64

Camping in Nevada question

I'm possibly taking a trip in May to Arizona again and on the way back would like to stop at Rhyolite again since I missed seeing so much the first time. There is a free camp spot near by there but just wondering, if you're on BLM land, can you set up a tent in any area? The spot marked looks like a dirt road with a cleared out area, nothing special. Figured it'd be kinda neat to do instead of paying for another hotel that I'd only use for maybe 10 hours. Could get up early, drive 10 min and be there for some sunrise photos. 

Check out the first minutes of my 2000 trip video, where I'm camping on the old Las Vegas & Tonopah Railroad grade a few miles west of Rhyolite.

http://www.exploreforums.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6780

You might like the rest of the video, where there is some scenic places visited nearby, or my camp that evening.

Cool looking area but that buzzing noise was getting to me haha Watched till the part of the old boot print in the concrete. I'll watch the rest later, thanks for posting the video!  If this trip happens, I'll be posting video as well. Been gathering goodies lately like a DSLR cage, big led light, Rode stereo video mic and the latest being a tascam audio recorder to go along with the Canon t5i.

Some states sure has freedoms, I think around here you need permits and/or passes for everything, not 100% certain though.

That's why I'm getting out of California haha  Although, I can go out in the woods and camp in a lot of areas with just a free campfire permit. Never see anyone else around though where I go, makes it nice. 

20 hours ago, MB64 said:

Cool looking area but that buzzing noise was getting to me haha

Thank you. Don't know your age, but the video was taken in 2000, with an old Sony Super-8 video camera, dubbed to VHS video tape on a VCR; the digitized to DVD and re-rdited on a ten year old laptop by an old fart well into his sixth decade of life. So my old eqipment created the buzz, now I'm deef and don't give a hoot about buzzy noises ... :tard:

40 next year (holy crap!)  I need to digitize a lot of tapes before they're too far gone as well. If you don't mind, I'd like to try and get rid of or at least minimize that buzz and I'll send you a link. Watched the whole video, what a view you had camping! 

Remember 8-tracks as well, camping some, mostly driving to visit relatives in Oklahoma.

Have old family reunion film on VHS, filmed in the 70's.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:12 PM, David A. Wright said:

So my old eqipment created the buzz, now I'm deef and don't give a hoot about buzzy noises ... :tard:

I've always had some really good hearing, amazing it's still the way it is after loud stereos and race cars.  Managed to get rid of the high pitched sounds 99.8% and can only really hear the sound of the video head. Could hear birds in the opening camping part. Problem now is, my editing program rendered it out to more than double the file size. Going to play with the settings and get the file size down later on.