• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy-Carrie

Children and wether you take them to explorations or investigations. How many people take their children with?

Yes, and how many depends on the location, distance, etc. I try to stay away from areas with mine shafts when I have the kids, and I usually only take the two older kids as they don't need supervision. I think it's important for kids to get outdoors, far to often they are stuck on some type of electronic device. 

We usually check the area out first, then if we fill its safe we take them. But then again, our kids would rather go to a ghost town than go to Lagoon. And yes, I agree with the electronics... Our daughter loves living in her room, so we try to get her out.

In my opinion taking your children exploring and to ghost towns is beneficial in a number of ways... quality family time, exercise & fresh air, learning experiences. That said, one also has to take into account the behavior of children. Some are very good and listen to their parents, while others are out-of-control little monsters who run amok causing destruction and chaos. One place I do NOT take children is to paranormal investigations. They are not old enough to understand certain aspects, which could put them in danger.

20 minutes ago, Andy-Carrie said:

We don't allow anyone under 18 at our investigations.

Same here. We made only one exception and allowed a very mature 15 year old because of his abilities. But generally you gotta be 18 :)

I take my oldest (9), but I make sure the destination is age-appropriate.  I won't drag her into a mine or a rickety old mill.  But I'll let her crawl into caves at the beach and other places (like she did in one of my recent YT videos).  She's daring and fearless, she was ready to go as long as I had a flashlight for her to use. :)

She loves to read, so much so that when the wife and I tell her to go outside and play, she obeys.  She goes outside, and takes books with her, climbs a tree, and reads.  Not quite what I was hoping for, but it's a start.

I was a real tomboy. My parents couldn't have stopped me from climbing rocks and trees even if they wanted to. I am also a firm believer in allowing children to experience life, even if it means they will fall down and get a few scratches and bruises. 

Over on the South of Great Salt Lake there is a rock called "Black Rock", it took a split second and they were at the top. It's at least 30 feet high. I really need to learn to let loose sometimes. 

4 hours ago, Andy-Carrie said:

Over on the South of Great Salt Lake there is a rock called "Black Rock", it took a split second and they were at the top. It's at least 30 feet high. I really need to learn to let loose sometimes. 

It is hard to let loose sometimes, even when you remember doing the EXACT same things when you were a kid. All of my grandkids are absolutely fearless. The 3 1/2 year old who lives with me is always trying to climb our lemon & orange trees, the block wall, up the kitchen cabinets, etc... She also likes to dig, as does our Belgian Malinois, so when she digs, the dog digs, and next thing you know my granddaughter has disappeared down a 4 foot hole!