• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I am searching for some cool abandoned places! I leave Las Vegas on September 5th so wanting to visit some old abandoned buildings, towns, vehicles, any military stuff, etc.  I drive a Jeep that is somewhat built so looking for something way far out untouched by vandals and scum of the earth. I've found a few places listed and unlisted through aerial views but want some new stuff to explore.  Thank you in advance for any information.

Welcome Caleb, there are countless places near Vegas to check out. With a Jeep you will probably have no problem getting to them. 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Welcome Caleb, there are countless places near Vegas to check out. With a Jeep you will probably have no problem getting to them. 

Any suggestions?  After hours of research I've found government mapping of a couple mines I'm checking out soon, and also Riverside near mesquite.  I'd love to check out some other places too though.

33 minutes ago, Exploro said:

How about Nelson? It's just 45 minutes away from Las Vegas Boulevard

I was gonna go check out a couple mines there sometime soon. Just looking for stuff off the beaten trail.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By LexandNeek
      This 19th century bridge attracted our curiosity because it is reported to be the longest single span wooden covered bridge in the world!  The Bridgeport Covered Bridge was built in 1862 by David John Wood and was a vital link to the silver mines in Nevada at the time, with up to 100 wagons a day coming through the area.  It was closed to vehicular traffic in 1972 and pedestrian traffic in 2011.  But we still wanted to get as close as we could to check it out for ourselves!

• By LexandNeek
      I have never been to Burning Man and truthfully, the clothing optional aspects of it intimidate the hell out of me.  The artwork and designs of the temporary structures fascinate my aesthetic imagination, therefore, it was to my delight that some of the smaller artwork from the 2016 Burning Man is displayed at Reno Playa Art Park.

• By coyote
      Short little video of an explore I made a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to post this for some time but was overcome by a lot of RL events with work & stuff. But I am starting a series of videos on the Oregon Trail as it came through Boise, and one of those videos includes the tiny town of Mayfield, Idaho. I read about it in a newspaper and saw that there is going to be a concerted effort to develop the area around the old town site and figured I should collect some images while I could. I found a really cool region close to my home that I knew nothing about, so I may go out there again for more videos.
      Anyhow, here's a link for the interested and I'll try to pick up the pace and do more than one video a month!

• By EndicottExplorer
      I heard about Elberton from a couple of townfolk in the nearby small town of Garfield, WA.  It wasn't until this past summer that I finally got a chance to explore and find the once thriving town, now not so much.  Only a handful of structures remain from what once was a 200 acre, 500 person town in a draw along the Oregon-Washington Railroad (no longer used).  The town was evidently started by a man named C.D. Wilbur and named after his son Elbert.  Due to several catastrophic events (a fire and the great depression to follow), the town began a rapid decline and is now down to about 15 full-time residents.  Whitman County bought the townsite and made a park there with hiking trail and other paths through the ruins in 1970.  The most prominant reminders of what once was are the in-tact Church (United Brethren, I believe) and the perennial gardens from homesteads past that continue to grow in the Spring.  Below are a few pictures of what you see there now. 

• By LexandNeek
      Walking up C Street in Virginia City, Neek, Sar and I decided to explore one last saloon in town.  Like the other saloons, this place has a history going back to the 19th century.  It also, like some other saloons, has reports of paranormal activity.  But there’s something about the Washoe Club that demands a closer look, which is exactly what we gave it!

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online