• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DocTy

New here

Hello,

Ive been obsessed with exploring places captured by the hands of time as long as I remember. Just moved to Southern Colorado from Western Washington. I'm excited as there is much more history here. Can't stand vandals and taggers and thieves. Love these videos and very happy to find this forum. 

"Ive been obsessed with exploring places captured by the hands of time as long as I remember. Just moved to Southern Colorado from Western Washington. I'm excited as there is much more history here. Can't stand vandals and taggers and thieves. Love these videos and very happy to find this forum. "

Same here.  Born 92 first lived in Okefenokee 95 learned to swim and skin dive 97.  Never lived anywhere west or north of Memphis, east of Metro Atlanta or south of the St Andy's.  However I have hated history(unless cultural genres like religious history or western civ) since atleast 95.  Mainly due to rampant political spin. Now my 1 year old neice is on track to follow in me and ACDC's footsteps.  Both her and her hubby JP are just as h#$!bent as me to ensure that comes true.  

Thanks everyone. Currently finishing up building my house, then will be getting be getting a small exploring truck more up to the task of getting to remote places. Additionally, I'm in the process of accumulating gear. I am highly impressed with the use of drone tech for exploring. Google Earth seems to be another tool to pour over topography, any other recommendations would be appreciated. I have found that a nice smile and local diner conversation seems to spin up good places to go check out as well. 

Do you have a camera? Most of my gear costs between 50 and 1500 USD.  So I have always used a budget system.  Photography/cinema drones are at least 900.  

Welcome to the forum!
I'm still gauging my cameras. Although I really like the videos the DSLR takes, it really isn't for a walking person as it can get really shaky. I finally bought a shoulder stabilizer, but need to invest in a better one. Plus, it doesn't do that well in the dark.
I also have a Sony camcorder. The video isn't as good as the Sony DSLR, but it does well with shakiness and in low light areas.

Also going to be looking into drones soon.

14 hours ago, 57butler said:

Welcome to the forum! 
I'm still gauging my cameras. Although I really like the videos the DSLR takes,

Not so much for me Kathy.  The pics can turn out pro easily if the person shooting becomes that good.  However you can't put them on a drone like a gopro.  And audio sucks after a while in my experience.