1. Backwoods Beast

Backwoods Beast

2. wimc

wimc

3. dig it

dig it

• Similar Content

• By LexandNeek
      Walking up C Street in Virginia City, Neek, Sar and I decided to explore one last saloon in town.  Like the other saloons, this place has a history going back to the 19th century.  It also, like some other saloons, has reports of paranormal activity.  But there’s something about the Washoe Club that demands a closer look, which is exactly what we gave it!

• By FallonJoe
      A couple months ago here in northern Nevada an ammo company was looking for a place to shoot out to 2.5 miles, my friend (used to be sponsored by them) I showed them an area out off the 95N just south of the I-80. They seemed like good folks at first so I spent a couple days with them in our beautiful desert shooting. We all left the first time, no trash cleaned up, then afterwards they came out again, didn' invite me, ok fine no big deal, they put out a video of them doing a 2,500 yard shot in my spot a couple months later. Yesterday I went out with a friend to shoot long range out there, we set up our targets, go to the shooting position at the mine entrances. There is an old collapsed house up there I start walking around and find a grill they left, then I find about 20 foam ear plugs, bags of trash, soda cans, and wood and soda cams tossed into a hole about 7 foot deep, I called them out about it and they are saying I staged it! Ha, yeah ok. Can't trust folks one bit. I am mad at myself for showing them this area. I cleaned it all up and threw it away for em. 

• By LexandNeek
      The main drag in Virginia City, Nevada (known as C Street) normally evokes the feeling of an Old West town.  The street is filled with old saloons, many of them dating back to the 19th century when the town was in the throes of a silver rush from the discovery of the Comstock Lode in 1859.  But on the day that Neek, Sar and I visited, the main feeling that C Street evoked was hunger! 

• By LexandNeek
      During our Highway 50 Loneliest Road in America Challenge, we found out that the Eureka Opera House in Eureka, Nevada was a recently renovated cousin to the Piper’s Opera House in Virginia City, Nevada.  We decided to visit.   The first Piper’s Opera House (formerly Maguire’s Opera House) was built in 1863 was burned down in the Great Fire of 1875.  Piper was able to raise funds to rebuild it from promoting shows at his other venues.  The second Opera House burned down in 1883 when John Piper allegedly left a cigar unattended in his upstairs apartment.  The current house was built in 1885 and has stood since.  I guess the third time was the charm!

• By LexandNeek
      Our first stop in Austin, Nevada was in front of the Lander County Courthouse built in 1869. This is one of 11 sites in Austin on the National Register of Historic Places including the curious abandoned Stokes Castle built in 1897.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online