• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm kinda new to this forum so sorry if I'm doing this wrong I'm asking you all if you got any tips or something to keep viewers on your channel one of my videos is currently at 56k views I put end screens on the video But is there any thing else I can do to get viewers to stay on my channel ??? Any help will be much appreciated

Is the video taking off? Are your videos showing up as the suggested videos next to the video that has 56k views? 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Is the video taking off? Are your videos showing up as the suggested videos next to the video that has 56k views? 

I usually have 2 other of my videos showing as suggested videos in the 56k video. And yes it's taking off 

Congrats on your first video taking off, that means you should see a nice spike in new subs too! Most people find videos by the suggested videos showing up next to the video they are currently watching, so you need to make sure your videos are showing up as suggested to keep people watching your videos. Even if they click away and watch someone else's video, you will still get credit for their watch time since they continued to watch videos on YouTube through your video. I understand you want them to watch all your other videos, but that means you have to make sure the tags, thumbnails, and titles are similar so they will suggest your other videos instead of others videos. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Congrats on your first video taking off, that means you should see a nice spike in new subs too! Most people find videos by the suggested videos showing up next to the video they are currently watching, so you need to make sure your videos are showing up as suggested to keep people watching your videos. Even if they click away and watch someone else's video, you will still get credit for their watch time since they continued to watch videos on YouTube through your video. I understand you want them to watch all your other videos, but that means you have to make sure the tags, thumbnails, and titles are similar so they will suggest your other videos instead of others videos. 

Thanks for the help I'm going to change all the tags so there similar to each other 

Make sure the tags are representative of what is in the video, which they should be since they are all related to exploring. Don't change anything on the video that is taking off. 

Reading this, I also wonder what kind of tags do people typically use? I have things like "Explore" "Exploring" "Idaho" "Adventure" "Travel", and then maybe something related to the content specifically. Like, if it takes place in the city of Boise, I'll add "Boise" as a tag; or "Desert" or "Canyon", but those seem.... kind of broad enough to be meaningless.

I have a feeling I don't "get" tag usage really well.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:09 PM, coyote said:

Reading this, I also wonder what kind of tags do people typically use? I have things like "Explore" "Exploring" "Idaho" "Adventure" "Travel", and then maybe something related to the content specifically. Like, if it takes place in the city of Boise, I'll add "Boise" as a tag; or "Desert" or "Canyon", but those seem.... kind of broad enough to be meaningless.

I have a feeling I don't "get" tag usage really well.

I think the tags help your video appear to more people like if people search for Nevada and place you explore is in Nevada and you put that in one of the tags it will appear before other videos without Nevada in the tags. I basically put tags on the location etc