• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LexandNeek

Leonard Knight's Salvation Mountain - Desert Views Road Trip Part 2

Leonard Knight must have been very impressed when he saw a hot air balloon fly near his home in Vermont in 1971.  When he later moved to Nebraska, he built his own balloon with the words, “God is Love” but never got it to fly.  Finally in 1984, Leonard moved to a remote desert town in California called Niland and decided this would be the place to build his testimonial to God.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By LexandNeek
      I've posted before in this forum about our road trip through Highway 50 and all the places we had to get our passport stamped to prove we survived "The Loneliest Road in America." Well, we mailed it in and a couple months later, we got our certificates in the mail!

• By LexandNeek
      Our next stop on our little desert road trip took us to Indio.  One place that Neek, Sar and I were really curious to visit was Shields Date Garden.  I had never been to this place before even though I love dates; as a child my parents took me to another place that sells dates in Cabazon, Hadley Fruit Orchards (more on that in a later episode).  But I had seen the place before on a Huell Howser TV show on public television, so I was very excited to experience the place!

• By LexandNeek
      It seems like we just can’t stay away from the road!  Neek, Sar and I once again piled into the car and took off.  Once again, one of my sisters (the youngest) was getting married and we were invited.  But it wasn’t in Oregon; this was a destination wedding in Palm Springs, California.  We decided to make the most of this occasion and planned a desert road trip!

• By LexandNeek
      It seemed fitting to finish up our road trip by visiting the Ghirardelli Chocolate Outlet store and having a decadent sundae.  They are the masters in making the most incredible ice cream delights!

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)