• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SteveHazard

What was your most difficult or challenging explore?

I recall that guy in the mine shaft. He dropped about 50 ft and broke his leg. It was his mine, he owned it and was going to start working it. The shaft was about 100 ft deep.  

More than cave ins, I would be concerned about slabs of rock bouncing off my head. I had a pc of slab knock me to my knees. It hit my hardhat, knock an 8 stitches gash on my arm. We had first aid stations everywhere and I went there and cleaned it and put a butterfly on it. The emt chewed me out for not hitting the emergency cage out. (I finnished my shift)

18 hours ago, El Polvo said:

I recall that guy in the mine shaft. He dropped about 50 ft and broke his leg. It was his mine, he owned it and was going to start working it. The shaft was about 100 ft deep.  

More than cave ins, I would be concerned about slabs of rock bouncing off my head. I had a pc of slab knock me to my knees. It hit my hardhat, knock an 8 stitches gash on my arm. We had first aid stations everywhere and I went there and cleaned it and put a butterfly on it. The emt chewed me out for not hitting the emergency cage out. (I finnished my shift)

Concussions are bad things, to say the least.  Delaminating rock is probably the one thing that freaks me out the most.  I've stood in stopes where waste rock is 80-100 feet above, held in place by a floor or wall of timbers, and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as little cracks in huge slabs.

18 hours ago, El Polvo said:

Oh there is another one in that area that somebody died in? The one I was at it was a woman that died when she entered with a kid, a nephew maybe.