• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nice! I’ll have too check my maps, as I’m a bit stumped as to where it is (some backgrounds seem to indicate west of Walker, but with so many wildfires in the past two decades I’d think the entire area has burned out by now). Looks like great ghost towning weather.

20 hours ago, David A. Wright said:

Nice! I’ll have too check my maps, as I’m a bit stumped as to where it is (some backgrounds seem to indicate west of Walker, but with so many wildfires in the past two decades I’d think the entire area has burned out by now). Looks like great ghost towning weather.

its just a little south-west of Coleville.

Yup. Found it on the map just now before I came online. West of Little Antelope Valley. Figured that area was barren from old fire scars.

Interesting. I was looking at maps of this area just last night to go up there to explore something a bit farther back. A lot farther maybe. 

4 minutes ago, SteveHazard said:

Interesting. I was looking at maps of this area just last night to go up there to explore something a bit farther back. A lot farther maybe. 

The Silver King townsite?

8 hours ago, NevadaGeigle said:

The Silver King townsite?

I'm not sure, I can't find names for some of these places. Some look to be road accessible but the ones I'm most interested in are the harder to get to back county camps/cabins.  

12 hours ago, SteveHazard said:

The old town up high?  Or what remains, I guess.   On my list -- for when I can afford a dirt bike or ATV. 

21 hours ago, desertdog said:

The old town up high?  Or what remains, I guess.   On my list -- for when I can afford a dirt bike or ATV. 

Belfort?

I did a little side detour up this road yesterday to scout the area out. Wow this road sure does go up in a hurry. Went all the way to the top to the where the pack station is. The side road that enters the wildlife area has a closed gate. Nice area but I'm glad I was just up there for a quick scout it was a crappy day with all the smoke everywhere.

5 minutes ago, SteveHazard said:

I did a little side detour up this road yesterday to scout the area out. Wow this road sure does go up in a hurry. Went all the way to the top to the where the pack station is. The side road that enters the wildlife area has a closed gate. Nice area but I'm glad I was just up there for a quick scout it was a crappy day with all the smoke everywhere.

it was very smokey when i was there as well.

6 minutes ago, NevadaGeigle said:

it was very smokey when i was there as well.

I was up at the same spot where your last vid was. The smoke was a bit worse yesterday as I could barely see the valley bottom. With all these fires every year I'm stunned that there isn't more managed logging to thin places out. 

On 7/28/2018 at 8:20 AM, NevadaGeigle said:

Belfort?

That's the one I was thinking of!