• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

coyote

Wings Over the Owyhees

Thought I'd try another "Helicopter Video", but this time without music and more of an attempt to introduce the place we're flying over and give a sense of place.

What are thoughts on using background music, or letting the engine noise be? I mute it down a bit this time because (to me) the endless turbine whine is annoying at full blast, but I know there's also folks out there that really dig that stuff. The first set of "Helicopter Videos" I did I put in background music, but they don't seem to be getting much traction... and I don't know if it is because the music is a poor choice or if the subject matter is just not as exciting/interesting as I thought it would be.

Never knew Idaho was barren like that, not that I ever recall seeing that part of the state. Thanks for the flight along.

slower credits.. If you can find some music that has a beat that matches the 'throbbing' of the whine (that sounds dirty ;-)...  I'd start with engine noise, then over about 10-20 seconds gradually lower the engine noise and bring in the music... if you can find something that blends well, that might work nice.  Cool vid, one of these days I'll get up to Idaho...

Yeah, the default setting for the credits is a 10-second roll, but I have been trimming them down to 6 to 8 seconds. I think I'll stick with the default setting for the next one. Part 2 is loading now; part 3 (the final one) will be edited in a few days. Thank you for the insight.

I'm looking for music on the YouTube music library-- I'm surprised to find some pretty good stuff there. I was trying to use classical music but each one comes with bitching and moaning about copyrights... even though the music is over 75 years old and should be public domain by now, but I don't have the time or resources to argue the issue. And YouTube seems remarkably inflexible to input from pretty much anyone who isn't a cash cow.

I'm going to work with mixing music better in the future, and picking music that fits, thematically, with the video, and using consistent "theme music" for different styles of videos. Like I'll use the "Oregon Trail" music that I used for my Mayfield visit for all the Oregon Trail themed videos, and so on. 

I'm enjoying the art of it all, but sometimes my experiments end up a bit ham-fisted...