• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NevadaGeigle

This forum is dead.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Are you originally from Arizona, or are you fleeing California? 

lol born and raised in California. Lived in Southern California till 1990 then moved up to Paradise. Been visiting friends in Arizona for the last 15 years at least a couple times a year. Been wanting to move there for the last 3-4 years but stayed here to help my dad out. Now that both parents are gone (F*** cancer) I'm getting out of this State.

2 minutes ago, MB64 said:

lol born and raised in California. Lived in Southern California till 1990 then moved up to Paradise. Been visiting friends in Arizona for the last 15 years at least a couple times a year. Been wanting to move there for the last 3-4 years but stayed here to help my dad out. Now that both parents are gone (F*** cancer) I'm getting out of this State.

Sorry to hear about your parents, sounds like you have been through a lot. What Part of Arizona are you moving too?

40 minutes ago, Bob said:

Sorry to hear about your parents, sounds like you have been through a lot. What Part of Arizona are you moving too?

Someplace between Benson and Tucson where I can find a decent house with 2+ acres to play on. My dad built a 1/8th scale steam engine and he always had the idea of running a railroad track around a house so that's what I'm going to do.  Some of the track I had gotten last year burned and melted in the fire. 

A friend of mine in Bishop, California, has a rideable railroad running around his property. Complete with armstrong turntable, engine house, trestles over the canal (fed by Bishop Creek) and automatic gate with lights on his driveway crossing. I don’t recall all the particulars, but estimate it is a baby gauge and is powered by battery.

40 minutes ago, David A. Wright said:

A friend of mine in Bishop, California, has a rideable railroad running around his property. Complete with armstrong turntable, engine house, trestles over the canal (fed by Bishop Creek) and automatic gate with lights on his driveway crossing. I don’t recall all the particulars, but estimate it is a baby gauge and is powered by battery.

Sounds like a fun place :) The steam engine runs on 7.5" gauge track, burns coal and can haul about 6 cars with 3-4 people in each.  This video was at a place here in Paradise. I have the track now, or what's left of it. The previous owner passed away and his family donated the track to a club. The old shop in the video is all that was left standing after the fire.

My friend’s train is considerably larger. Similar to a mine railroad, rather industrial looking. Open locomotive, you sit in it, compared to on it. His rolling stock consists of a couple flat cars with benches.

11 hours ago, MB64 said:

Sounds like 15" gauge track or bigger, if you have any pics or video, would like to see it :)

Unfortunately, no.