• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

proper explorations

Youtube taking views away from videos

I've recently noticed a problem and I was wondering if anyone else is dealing with this too, basically one of my videos had 310 views and now it only has 70 views this happened yesterday, and I had $149.26 in revenue now I only have $109.65 in revenue. Anyone else dealing with problems like this on your channels ??.

I am not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was when they recently pruned the spam accounts. YouTube never seems to gives honest answers to anything. 

All my views-per-day on my channel dropped by 40% 8 or 9 months ago.  Can't figure out why.  Subscribers only went up.  Granted, my vids have been few and far between lately (no time to edit) but that doesn't explain it.  Plus I have a hard time getting subscribers, which doesn't help.

12 minutes ago, desertdog said:

All my views-per-day on my channel dropped by 40% 8 or 9 months ago.  Can't figure out why.  Subscribers only went up.  Granted, my vids have been few and far between lately (no time to edit) but that doesn't explain it.  Plus I have a hard time getting subscribers, which doesn't help.

I recently looked over my other videos and on YouTube studio it shows my average video gets 200 views on average while on youtube it only shows 100.  So you might have a similar issue where not all the views show up, that would explain the videos dropping by 40%

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

I am not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was when they recently pruned the spam accounts. YouTube never seems to gives honest answers to anything. 

I haven't lost any subscribers tho, that's the reason I think it's weird that im losing views and money.

There have been stories of advertising scams so it wouldn't surprise me if one of the ways they try to mask what they are doing is to put fake views on channels they would not be benefiting from themselves. It also wouldn't surprise me if youtube is screwing things either. If they culled spam accounts I don't think it would matter if any of them are subs or not but if any of them were viewers. I do think it is weird for a smaller vid lose over 50% of it's views. I've only ever noticed very small negative view counts occur to me but then again my channel is not eligible for moneitization those sorts of adjustments would not benefit the content overlords. 

Personally I do not understand the wizardry of the youtube algorithms and what or why they decided to promote or suppress the things they do.  It certainly does not seem to be quality of a vid. My hunting videos for example. The oldest (and worst) has by far the most views, for whatever reason youtube is suggesting this vid of mine more so then others. Then one of my other hunting vids only has less then 300 views. Short little montage of some of the shots that came out better, etc. I'm not sure what youtube dislikes against this vid compared to others but there is something it does not like about this one as it is suppressed. Wild guess is that it is less then a minute and that may be the reason. Why do some vids take off as opposed to others is a mystery. Some of the vids that "take off" are not exceptionally special or great so not sure what does it. 

YT claims it's because they are removing bot/scam/non-human accounts.  I know recently that Bob promoted one of my videos, and it got a lot of views.  It also got some oddball comments, likely from bots/spam accounts.  I'd imagine that's part of it. 

But, YT is about as transparent as a fresh batch of sewage (and their management has about the same IQ as a floating turd), so who knows. 

I have noticed over time that my firearms-related videos, especially reloading ones and ones relevant to CA's stupid laws, have gotten the most views.  I'm sure part of that is driven by active search and Google's search result rankings.  I've typed in terms to find something on Google and actually had a few of my vids come out as the 1/2/3 results, and I wasn't even keywording to find them.  This was on a fresh Windows 10 install, using Edge, in a virtual environment, so no cookie/tracking/analytics magic, either.  I don't understand it, and you really can't either.  It's a black box, and until they let people poke around the innards, it remains a mystery.