Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nope

Exploring an abandoned cabin

Excellent video!  Maybe the rock part was a room. My grandfather built a house in 1911 and outside he built a small adobe cabin that was used as a bedromm for the boys while the girls slept inside. After they grew up and moved out he used it for a storage shed. Im not saying thats what that was but maybe

7 minutes ago, El Polvo said:

Excellent video!  Maybe the rock part was a room. My grandfather built a house in 1911 and outside he built a small adobe cabin that was used as a bedromm for the boys while the girls slept inside. After they grew up and moved out he used it for a storage shed. Im not saying thats what that was but maybe

Usually when I see rock buildings they tend to be either Pantry's or dynamite storage, although I've never seen a rock building as tall and as close to a cabin as this one was, so the rock room might have been a bed room like you say. As I can't seem to think of anything else it would be used for. 

I don't think you'd want to store explosives in a building like that, unless the goal is to make the biggest fragmentation grenade possible.  I think typical explosive storage is at least partially underground and far away from habitable buildings.

Maybe the homestead started out with the rock building (lots of rocks around) and then the wood building was added later as materials were brought in...... or vice versa.  As far as how it was used, I'd think that could have changed over time...

Just now, braindead0 said:

I don't think you'd want to store explosives in a building like that, unless the goal is to make the biggest fragmentation grenade possible.  I think typical explosive storage is at least partially underground and far away from habitable buildings.

Maybe the homestead started out with the rock building (lots of rocks around) and then the wood building was added later as materials were brought in...... or vice versa.  As far as how it was used, I'd think that could have changed over time...

Usually when I see dynamite storage they tend to be on the side of mountains and half way in the ground, that's why I figured that wasn't what this building was, I also figured it wouldnt be a storage room because of how close it was to the cabin. I think it was either a pantry or a bed room like El polvo said