• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CB06

What Name do you think is best for an exploration/oddities channel on youtube?

What Name do you think is best for an exploration/oddities channel on youtube?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What name?

• GoreAndExplore
    • ExproreHome
    • ExploreCenter
    • ExploreAndCollect

What's the content going to consist of? Can you show some examples of the type of content your channel will post? 

I have no content yet, but it will consist of exploring the woods,  abandon buildings,  and collecting things like bones or even going geocaching. I like oddities and specimens, so that's where the 'gore' part comes from. 

The only suggestion I can give is to not box yourself in. Eventually, no matter how much you enjoy putting out a certain type of content, eventually you will want to branch out to new things. Just remember that when you try to brand your channel. 

17 hours ago, Bob said:

The only suggestion I can give is to not box yourself in. Eventually, no matter how much you enjoy putting out a certain type of content, eventually you will want to branch out to new things. Just remember that when you try to brand your channel. 

I kind of feel like some of you with "explore" in the channel name have done that.  

2 hours ago, SteveHazard said:

I kind of feel like some of you with "explore" in the channel name have done that.  

That's a good point, but luckily "Exploring" can pretty much encompass anything really. So far we have been able to explore missing persons cases, polygamy towns, mines, area 51, abandoned buildings, salton sea, slab city,  ghost towns, etc. Without any problems. With that said, I wouldn't use the same type of name today knowing what I know now.

I think the term explore is general enough, but just glad I didn't use abandoned as a brand name.

The sad truth is that some viewers will try to keep you boxed into some tiny niche no matter what your name is, which is why I think it's important to use a general name and to post mass appeal content from the start. Keep it mixed up from the start, and show yourself from the start.

The most important thing is have fun and make sure it comes through in your videos. That's my suggestion, but I am no expert. 🙂

3 hours ago, Bob said:

That's a good point, but luckily "Exploring" can pretty much encompass anything really. So far we have been able to explore missing persons cases, polygamy towns, mines, area 51, abandoned buildings, salton sea, slab city,  ghost towns, etc. Without any problems. With that said, I wouldn't use the same type of name today knowing what I know now.

I think the term explore is general enough, but just glad I didn't use abandoned as a brand name.

The sad truth is that some viewers will try to keep you boxed into some tiny niche no matter what your name is, which is why I think it's important to use a general name and to post mass appeal content from the start. Keep it mixed up from the start, and show yourself from the start.

The most important thing is have fun and make sure it comes through in your videos. That's my suggestion, but I am no expert. 🙂

I was thinking more like the channels that are Exploring and then something more specific like Exploring Mines... or what ever it is for example. I know Frank that has Exploring Abandoned Mines and Unusual Places expressed burn out of just doing mines for so long in a few of his vids. I wonder if him getting bored with it to a degree is what prompted him to start moving chains, speakers in stopes, etc. 

17 hours ago, SteveHazard said:

I was thinking more like the channels that are Exploring and then something more specific like Exploring Mines... or what ever it is for example. I know Frank that has Exploring Abandoned Mines and Unusual Places expressed burn out of just doing mines for so long in a few of his vids. I wonder if him getting bored with it to a degree is what prompted him to start moving chains, speakers in stopes, etc. 

Definitely true, and good point. I was thinking in more general term.  I remember when Frank added the unusual places after he burned out exploring abandoned mines, which was an interesting name change. I can see how one could easily burn out exploring only mines, or any super niche for that matter. 

On 12/23/2018 at 4:31 PM, CB06 said:

I have no content yet, but it will consist of exploring the woods,  abandon buildings,  and collecting things like bones or even going geocaching. I like oddities and specimens, so that's where the 'gore' part comes from. 

Yeh, specimens are a big part of my life.  I have a collection of dor and saline bloat victims myself.  Mostly herpetofauna.  Since the major and minor i'm pursuing is Field Biology and anthropology respectively.  I have a whole clann that share my views.  An uncle of mine was actually the one who taught me rubbing alcohol buffer preservation.  Then the ones who are into medicine get a kick out of my thamnophis envenomation experiences.  And my lectures about rearfanged neurotoxic snakes like thamnophis species versus rearfanged hemotoxic snakes like heterodon species