• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Was out at Broken Hills the other day and they have sealed up all the mines out there. There wasn't much left of the place anyway, but was bummed to see all the bat bars on every mine shaft, and new barb wire surrounding the old building left standing. 

11 hours ago, braindead0 said:

Was that absorbed by the Navy/firing range?  I forget what was being sucked up, if so that might explain the bars/barbed wire?

I am not sure, I don't think they are moving in on that land, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. 

BH is outside of the proposed takeover area.  However, if that alternative goes through, part of 361 will be routed well to the east of its current location, and close to BH.  That could be related to the closure. 

Would love to see some pictures of how they've blocked things off.  Access was kinda crappy anyway, though we did send some cameras down a few shafts, nothing of interest popped up. 

I did rappel down another shaft, well to the south, with a video to document it.  Maybe BLM saw that and thought they needed to take action.  This really has me rethinking making videos any more.  Why give them the satisfaction.  Or perhaps I need to further anonymize the locations (though I thought I did a good job of that already).