Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NevadaGeigle

Wonder, Churchill County, Nevada.

Awesome..  I was out there a while back, salvaged the remnants of a cotton sample bag that had 'wonder' and some numbers stamped on it.  Figured it was going to rot away anyway..

I'll be back this summer, explore deeper up into the hills and the like see if there's anything interesting.

Seemed you focused on the mill area. Did you explore the townsite and cemetery? Check your library for Hugh Schamberger’s publication, WONDER. His series is superb and written decades ago while far more was left at ghost towns in Nevada. He also covers the other nearby towns adjacent to Wonder.

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Churchill-County-Nevada-Historic/dp/B0006CKV4M

Looking at the Google maps satellite view I see some patterns along the lower north slope of the small notch it sits in. There is one short trail and what appears to be a fenceline running north and south. At the end of the two track looks to be something, like the size of those 5’ stone monuments with E Clampus Vitis plaques and in such a spot that it doesn’t look natural to me. Though it could very well be a boulder that rolled down from above in the earthquake in the ‘50s.