Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Looking at Google Maps in satellite view, the townsite’s street grid is still visible, there appear to be numerous remains of walls and cellars. The Silver Peak railroad grade ended at the mill ruins you pictured a little further east from your vantage of the descending foundations and at what appear to be a large foundation holding circular tanks.

I’ve been to Silver Peak, but came in and exited from/to the south, as at the time Imwas still living in nearby Big Pine, California.

2 hours ago, NevadaGeigle said:

Cool pictures..Blair is one of those places ive been wanting to explore..have not made it there yet..thanks for posting pictures.

It's definitely worth the explore, it was out of the way for me but still worth the trip.

6 hours ago, David A. Wright said:

Looking at Google Maps in satellite view, the townsite’s street grid is still visible, there appear to be numerous remains of walls and cellars. The Silver Peak railroad grade ended at the mill ruins you pictured a little further east from your vantage of the descending foundations and at what appear to be a large foundation holding circular tanks.

I’ve been to Silver Peak, but came in and exited from/to the south, as at the time Imwas still living in nearby Big Pine, California.

Yeah the walls of all the buildings are in great condition which is weird because all the roofs are gone and the hotel room floor is completely gone yet the walls are in perfect condition. Thank you for the history on this place.

Looking closer at the aerial view, I found another spur that accessed the top of the mill ruins adjacent to the structure shown in your image atop the foundations. That spur branched off at the southern end of the townsite, but immediately dissappears in a wash until nearing the mill ruin.