Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Josh

Intro from Oklahoma

Hey everyone lucky enough to have found the forum. Do we still have a lot of active members here? 

Have been exploring since I was a teen, now I get to enjoy with the wife and kids. Travel for work also, so get to see lots of country side. Currently reside in Oklahoma. Always willing to learn new things and see new places. We always respect the area meaning no trash brought in, typically pack out trash left by the inconsiderate and always leave water and/or snack behind in those useable shelters. Last exploration was Route 66 from OK west lots of old cool towns and things that way, but on that route so many people destroy everything. Would love to find some of these extremely off the path places in this area.  Colorado was another awesome place with lots of history. 

Sad to hear we need a good place we can all connect and exchange info to trustworthy people. We have very little abandoned stuff in Oklahoma normally venture outside of the state. There’s not much blm land either, New Mexico is my closest with plenty there. Think there’s something like 2% private land here compared to the 35%+ in New Mexico etc. 

i travel to California on i40 now and then and I want to start seeing more off the path stuff when out that way. 

You guys do a great job filming have been in watching marathon since I found it. 

Welcome to the mad house!   This isn't the type of forum you can post and expect an immediate reply, sometimes it's like the pony express.... you might wait days..   If you ever decide to come though Nevada on 50...  we can probably turn a one day trip through Nevada into a week of exploring.... lots of places to go, things to do...

Ah, memories of travelling US66 from Victorville to OKC, then north to Ponca City to visit cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Ponca my father’s home town. In the 1950s and 1960s travelling the highway in our 1953 Nash (car behind me in my avitar) or 1956 Chrysler. Last time I was in Ponca was 1974, before I40 came along.

Thanks Everyone

Brian- I may have to take you up on that I get out west often and enjoy the adventures new places and people. 

bob- I to enjoy them also, convient way of seeing others adventures and getting as much info as possible before venturing into new places. I always try to be prepared as possible from research to food and survival items and tools, can never be to careful. 

Welcome to EF Josh.  I keep a first aid kit, jumper cables , a day or two's worth of food and a gallon of drinking water in my xterra at all  time.  Waize on my android really helps with navigation.   Yesterday the jumpers really came in handy when I jumped a neighbor's car and him finding me the unmarked front hood lever buried beneath the steering wheel.  

On 2/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, Bob said:

I got one just like that, but it's the cobra model. Works fantastic. Just got to remember to keep it charged up every few months ... which reminds me. 

These things are pretty amazing.. I got it due to recommendation from a friend, jumped his 7.2 diesel twice without having to charge....   I think he said he jumped someone else's car with it as well before bothering to recharge.  A good set of jumper cables costs almost as much..   I'm tempted to get a couple more, just leave them in and hooked up to USB...

There's a company that makes LiFe powersports batteries where they are in essence building a jump-pack into the battery.   It'll be interesting how that works out long term...