• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU CREW

What Gets You There?

Nice rig, those FJ Cruisers are nice. I would get one but I need a truck.

outback.jpg

outback2.jpg

My new grocery getter / every day car. Subaru Outback 2.5 PZEV Premium. Many options. Replaces my trusty '06 Honda CR-V, which gave me 149,339 trouble free miles.

• Like 2

Nice car Dave, you can even take that on some off road adventures! Looks to have good ground clearance.

David, that looks good too. Curious, how's the back area in it?

Whoa, I had it all wrong, I was expecting a box thing, that's NICE!! CONGRATS!!!!

Nice car Dave, you can even take that on some off road adventures! Looks to have good ground clearance.

8.5". (I can hear the snickers from all the female members ... B) )

• Like 2

David, that looks good too. Curious, how's the back area in it?

I don't have specs that compare, but from my observation the rear floor is considerably longer and has more cargo capacity than my old CR-V.  Edmunds says it has 34 cubic feet behind the seats with the back seats up.  My CR-V had impressive back seat room for such a small car, the Subaru has considerably more.  And ride, comfort and cabin isolation is light years ahead of my old CR-V.  My old Honda was, however, a no frills, no options AWD model.  I'm sure the current EX or EX-L models of CR-V are far better as well.

Whoa, I had it all wrong, I was expecting a box thing, that's NICE!! CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you.  The CR-V was truely a box.  But when I moved to Winnemucca I was amazed at how much stuff that thing would swallow for such a small car; as we'd bring up a car load of stuff to storage up here during the last months before we moved up here while still shopping for real estate.  The Subaru appears lower and longer and maybe a bit wider than the CR-V.  It also has more horsepower, claims better fuel mileage and has a 3-gallon larger fuel tank than the Honda.

• Like 1

Holds more fuel and goes further per gal., GREAT!! And looks good doing it!!

Could someone be able to sleep in the back of it.

Just something to help decide my next vehicle may be.

Subarus are great cars. When I lived in Alaska everyone had one.

• Like 1

A couple more images of the new car.

outback3.jpg

outback4.jpg

The rubber floormats were brought over from the old CR-V (aftermarket, bought at O'Reilly's); but does have a heavy, Subaru OEM rubber cargo floormat that goes over the carpet. This car has more bling than the CR-V. It is a 2.5L boxer 4-cylinder, a CVT automatic transmission. It has the optional cold weather package (heated seats, heated steering wheel, windshield wiper de-icer, heated side mirrors), upgrades stereo, Bluetooth audio and cell phone interface, USB ports, Sirius, 17" wheels / tires and other goodies.

• Like 2

And all those buttons on the stirring wheel tells me you can hold the wheel, work the stereo and answer the phone all at the same time. Lol my wife's car does that but my little truck is strip down, just AC and AT.

Could someone be able to sleep in the back of it.

Just something to help decide my next vehicle may be.

My wife was teasing me about sleeping in the car last night, as I was out taking photos and driving it around the area after dark to try out those neat projector headlights (the first time I've ever experienced them). But I don't know. The rear seats do fold flatter than my old CR-V, but they don't tumble forward like the CR-Vs did. I'll take a tape to it later.

• Like 2

And all those buttons on the stirring wheel tells me you can hold the wheel, work the stereo and answer the phone all at the same time. Lol my wife's car does that but my little truck is strip down, just AC and AT.

Yup. And there's paddle shifters too, behind the wheel, to simulate a manual transmission. Even though the CVT tranny has no actual gear ratios, you can simulate a 6-speed manual. I haven't experienced it yet on hills, but I imagine I won't use it much, except maybe for engine braking on long downgrades.

• Like 1

Here's my boxy old CR-V, on Coon Creek Summit, south of Jarbidge, Nevada.

crv_coon-creek.jpg

I just re-read that Edmunds article again and found that with the rear seats folded down, there is 71.3 cubic feet of capacity. That don't equate with how much lateral space for sleeping for William, so will break out the tape later.

• Like 2

This was mine, but still can  :lmao22:

PB167713_zpsc2a3b688.jpg

479971_490151211019441_1997404549_n_zps4

I have this as well and are looking for another.

PC115931.jpg

I had Jeeps back in Connecticut, but just trucks now. If I were out west I would have another Jeep.

• Like 2

8.5". (I can hear the snickers from all the female members ... B) )

Erm...no, I am going to resist, LOL!

Glad you found a new vroom-vroom to play with :)