Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lourdes

BLM RV parking

I am in Pacifica, Ca Safeway parking lot. It is near where I used to rent an apartment. Can't go far because of San Francisco VA Medical appts. 

One mile west there is BLM land I believe. Unfortunately it's is a rock in the ocean so it won't do you any good. Realistically I think Panoche Hills or Red Hills maybe the closest BLM areas like that and those are not close. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a spot farther away from BLM and NF in the state then you are now. If this is a long term situation maybe consider transferring your medical needs to a different VA. Short term I'd look into camping options in other areas like state parks or national recreation areas, etc. 

The Reno Fox station pipes in KTVU Oakland news. I remember a recent piece where some Bay Area city has a street or two that is lined with motorhomes lived in by Silicone Valley and financial district workers who make good money but can’t find nor afford permanent housing. Efforts are being made to locate them somewhere safe and at low cost. Might find the story on the station’s website.

KTVU News did another piece on the RV parking situation last night. The city is Mountain View. RVs are parking at and surrounding a public park in a residential area. Public opinion seem to lean toward compassion for the plight of the RV’ers situation. City council trying to come up with ideas to accomodate and to eliminate situation.

Hey Bob! Redwood City is very far from Pacifica but thks. In Halfmoon Bay State Beach-Francis Beach I parked there overnight so I could dumped n used their power. Ran the heater all night. Pets not allowed for 65 bucks 2pm to register then at 12pm packed n leave. Expensive but worth it coz my dogs were happy. I am moving around Pacifica area. Thanks everyone!

On 3/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, David A. Wright said:

KTVU News did another piece on the RV parking situation last night. The city is Mountain View. RVs are parking at and surrounding a public park in a residential area. Public opinion seem to lean toward compassion for the plight of the RV’ers situation. City council trying to come up with ideas to accomodate and to eliminate situation.

LA's "stupid" solution was to put up no parking signs only in the areas that they parked prohibiting vehicles above 7' tall from parking between the hours or 2am and 6am. So now instead of being parked in the industrial areas or areas where they were they didn't really bother people as much they now go park in neighborhoods or in front of elementary schools, etc during those hours.  

San Francisco n some areas in San Mateo County objects RV parking because of illegal dumping n garbages around where rv parked. Thats y some rv-ers were treated like criminal or outcast. Just like the other day we decided to visit friends where we used to live but no spot to parked infront of their apartment but 3 houses far down. Rv was not completely parked yet, a woman  came out from her house n yelled "can't camped out there"! Then a younger guy probably her son walking towards us, to confront my driver-Veteran friend but stopped when he heard "do u owned this f'ng street" from a megaphone i used to get my dogs attention. Lol! They walked away. We stays until we're done! We are not homeless we are homefree! Thanks Dave.