Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Area 51 Rider

Demonetized My Whole Channel

On March 10th, Youtube decided to demonetize my entire channel. Not a huge deal, my channel has taken a real beating since a certain copycat moron recruited a bunch of haters, by making false accusations against me (it's still ongoing).

Still, I am at just about at 60k subscribers, and it pisses me off. I can live without the $100USD a month I was getting, however it did help fund my fuel costs for my next trip.

I got the "We found that a significant portion of your channel is not in line with our YouTube Partner Program policies." story. More specifically:
"Reused content
In most cases, you can’t reupload someone else's content unless you get permission first. Remember: It's not enough to credit the content owner or state that "no copyright infringement is intended." Learn more about copyright and fair use

Here are some types of content that are subject to copyright:
Audiovisual works like TV shows and movies
Sound recordings and musical compositions
Visual and written works, including paintings, posters, articles and books
Dramatic works such as plays and musicals
Video games and computer software"

The only guess I have, I had one video on my channel I didn't own, a popular Area 51 documentary by National Geographic WHICH NATGEO HAD MONETIZED. And the video had been on my channel for 3 years.

Bob put me on to a video that might have helped get it reinstated, instead of waiting 30 days to apply again, but it required a lot of bitching and moaning to Youtube. If you are lucky they might listen.
Frankly I really don't have the time for it.

At this point all I can do is reapply in April, and hope that I have cleansed my channel of that video, they will allow monetization again. I have no idea what else it might be, all my videos are 100% my content, with only royalty free music.

Just delete that one video which is a repost of NatGeo. Not worth trying to keep up if it may be causing issues. I know your using Kevin McLeod for your intros which should be OK but who knows what people may be using to to try and claim false things. Maybe see about hiring somebody to make something completely original that you own moving forward just to eliminate that kind of abuse in the future even though it should be perfectly fine. 

A search of your name on youtube turned up a pretty odd accusation of threats and vandalism toward you from another youtuber. I'm guessing that is the source of your copyright harassment. Have no idea what is going on there or what kind of evidence (if any) there was to back up that claim but a number of people seemed to think he was correct. Seems like something that could of been done by anybody so I'm unclear as to what is going on there. I noticed he seems to of posted a vid of himself legitimately over the back gate line, like up on the hill over, seems like a dumb ass thing to of done. People don't seem to be big fans of youtubers in that area if I may so so myself. So be careful. 

Also so nice of youtube to cite the videos and timestamps of what they feel is a violation so you can correct it. Such a fricken joke the way they do things. 

6 hours ago, SteveHazard said:

Just delete that one video which is a repost of NatGeo. Not worth trying to keep up if it may be causing issues. I know your using Kevin McLeod for your intros which should be OK but who knows what people may be using to to try and claim false things. Maybe see about hiring somebody to make something completely original that you own moving forward just to eliminate that kind of abuse in the future even though it should be perfectly fine. 

A search of your name on youtube turned up a pretty odd accusation of threats and vandalism toward you from another youtuber. I'm guessing that is the source of your copyright harassment. Have no idea what is going on there or what kind of evidence (if any) there was to back up that claim but a number of people seemed to think he was correct. Seems like something that could of been done by anybody so I'm unclear as to what is going on there. I noticed he seems to of posted a vid of himself legitimately over the back gate line, like up on the hill over, seems like a dumb ass thing to of done. People don't seem to be big fans of youtubers in that area if I may so so myself. So be careful. 

Also so nice of youtube to cite the videos and timestamps of what they feel is a violation so you can correct it. Such a fricken joke the way they do things. 

That "other" Youtuber has been harassing me for almost 2 years. Numerous false accusations, he has learned he can get views and subs by inventing stuff and playing victim.
A "number of people think he is correct" because they take him at his word with no proof. He actually accused me of attempted murder, he got a visit from the FBI for that one.
Posting video of yourself crossing the border is the kind of stunt that will get yourself another visit. You just have to report it to the right people.
I've been doing videos of my explorations around Area 51 since 2003.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:58 PM, Bob said:

I was just thinking about this today, wondering what was the current status of the situation. Sounds like a major PITA, and I hate dealing with YouTube. Once you get to a certain size, you gain haters who try to ruin it for you because they are jealous! 

Haven't emailed you lately Bob. I tried some of what the guy in the video you sent me the link to did, but I just don't have the time to keep pestering Youtube. I will wait until April 9th and reapply for monetization, for what it's worth.

Keep us updated. I hope you get this sorted out. It’s sad people with similar channels feel they have to compete like this and use this type of toxic behavior. There is plenty of Subscribers out there for everyone and it would’ve been cool to see you guys join forces for a few videos. 

1 hour ago, Backwoods Beast said:

...and it would’ve been cool to see you guys join forces for a few videos. 

HELL no. I don't consort with people like him. I'm not going to go into it here, email me if you want more info.
Let's just say if anyone comes near me with nasty intentions next trip, they will be "ventilated".
thearea51rider@gmail.com

what I don't understand is there are channels, and all they do is reaction videos. There whole popularity is reacting to others content and some how that is aloud.  Honestly I think there way around it is they stop the video every couple of seconds so it doesn't get flagged. If I were you you deff have enough subs to start getting sponsors, also get hip to patreon explain your story to your youtube base. Once its reinstated people love helping out especially if they enjoy your videos. Also im not sure how this works yet, but you can direct people to amazon and get money if people buy from there. There are plenty of ways to make money from youtube. I honesty hope everything goes alright with your channel!!