Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kimmikwood

Area 51 tunnel video

Located in Nevada and yes, it has a name ;)   I've been there a couple of times now, camped out each time and only ventured in about 30 feet into the tunnels before the hair on the back of my neck tells me to GTFO.  I'm not in the habit of giving out locations, sorry, seen quite a few places get destroyed once word gets out and big groups of people start going. It's happened locally and it sucks.

Good answer! :thumbsup:

When I see posts like the above, the poster having joined likely just to do so, then the hair on my back also raises. Except because the request - blunt with no apparent humbleness - is probably for instant gratification without willingness to do their own research.

And, these young Millenials just seem to have no respect for helping maintain places explored, but only want to exploit them with the least amount of time and energy for their latest You Tube video.

Such a bummer not to be able to come right out and share a location. Person on the other end might go there and not do anything but take photos and walk around but then you get that one person who opens the floodgates to problems :( Wish I could meet up with Bob and explore those tunnels, be way safer than going in by myself which is why I always end up turning around.

Most people haven't the slightest clue about personal security, they'll post everything online without even thinking about it and then whine to mamma government to do something about ID theft and all of the other problems caused by their narcissistic actions. 

Separating the clueless from the clued in is difficult, best default position IMO is to not share anything.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:08 PM, MB64 said:

Located in Nevada and yes, it has a name ;)   I've been there a couple of times now, camped out each time and only ventured in about 30 feet into the tunnels before the hair on the back of my neck tells me to GTFO.  I'm not in the habit of giving out locations, sorry, seen quite a few places get destroyed once word gets out and big groups of people start going. It's happened locally and it sucks.

I totally agree my husband and I love to go out and explore we are new to Nevada and have already seen so much but it’s hard to find the things like this that are not well known. My rule is to leave it like I found it! We believe in karma, we took a metal can from Ryolite when we visited 8 years ago and after moving here we returned it to its home, because it felt right! If you would email me privately the name I would greatly appreciate and not share it publicly. Kimmikwood@gmail.com

On 4/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, David A. Wright said:

Good answer! :thumbsup:

When I see posts like the above, the poster having joined likely just to do so, then the hair on my back also raises. Except because the request - blunt with no apparent humbleness - is probably for instant gratification without willingness to do their own research.

And, these young Millenials just seem to have no respect for helping maintain places explored, but only want to exploit them with the least amount of time and energy for their latest You Tube video.

You are correct I found the forum after watching some of EWU videos and I used the forum for this reason. 

But it I will also share I’m not a young millennial looking to get my next you tube video, I don’t even have a you tube channel because I have no skills 😂. I’m 38, my husband and I just moved to Vegas last year and we spend many weekends just driving the Jeep deep into the desert and exploring because we love it! I have a strong belief in “leave it like you found it!” I understand your hesitation in me, I’m new to the forum but I would love any great locations to explore in Nevada, California, Arizona area. We absolutely love all the history out here in this amazing desert!

On 4/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, MB64 said:

Such a bummer not to be able to come right out and share a location. Person on the other end might go there and not do anything but take photos and walk around but then you get that one person who opens the floodgates to problems :( Wish I could meet up with Bob and explore those tunnels, be way safer than going in by myself which is why I always end up turning around.

I totally agree, some people ruin it for everyone 😢

Sorry, I just can't just come out and say the location, even in an email.  Didn't take me long to find it on my own, I'm sure you could find it as well. The place is picked fairly clean outside but does see traffic once in a while. One little stash of firewood I had left behind was in the same exact spot when I returned months later, kinda cool.

Thank you guys, I did some googling and watched some other videos last night and think I may have found it.... if not it will be another adventure and may have found something else cool. I’ll keep you posted! 

I’m glad to have found EWU videos, i love what they do! 

3 hours ago, MB64 said:

If you did find it, definitely take the Jeep. I went in just fine with a stock Silverado 4x4. One portal is very easy to get to.

Wouldn’t do it in any other vehicle! Love our Jeep!