Explore Forums
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

braindead0

Looking for interesting stuff around Lovelock

Going to be spending a few days up there with a riding/exploring buddy..  Done tunnel camp and mills/mines in the canyons around there.  j

We'll be trucking the bikes into various areas, so we could range pretty far out. 

Just looking for names, there are so many mines and various things recorded by USGS figured maybe someone could help me narrow down the list.  We'll likely explore every nook and cranny we can but there's one hell of a lot of land out there.

Thanks!  Just added those to the list.... sure are lots of Black Canyon and Eldorado Canyon in USGS data... but was pretty easy to figure out which.

While I was browsing USGS features, something jumped out:

"United States Naval Gunnery Range (Historical)" N40° 29.500' W119° 00.667'

I'm assuming it was naval aircraft gunnery... might try to swing by the area, maybe we can find signs of usage.  Could

Humboldt city is a great place to explore and visit. David said he collects elderberries down by the creek out there. I got some other places for you to check out, lemme get some GPS locations for you. 

On 4/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, Bob said:

Humboldt city is a great place to explore and visit. David said he collects elderberries down by the creek out there. I got some other places for you to check out, lemme get some GPS locations for you. 

I found the creek below Star City full of elderberries. The won’t be ripe until late September. There may be elderberries at Humboldt City, but the creek is put into a conduit above the townsite to be sent to the Humboldt House ranch below, so growth is limited in the old creek channel.