• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

5 hours ago, Blueharley86 said:

Hello Arch.........this post to be way off topic. Wasn't the marked grave containing the gold at the end of "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly named Arch Stanton? Just doing a memory check here. :waitasec:

Almost. 

The gold wasn't in Stanton's grave.  It was in the grave next to it marked "Unknown".  Stanton's grave just had Stanton's bones. 

Yeah, I love those old westerns. 

5 hours ago, Blueharley86 said:

Is there life after death? Trespass on Private Property and find out!

:popcorn2:

That's right DD. Guess my memory is failing me. As many times as I've watched Eastwood's spaghetti westerns I should have remembered. Always got a kick out of Eli Wallach.

Enjoy the popcorn Bob. :beer:

6 hours ago, Blueharley86 said:

That's right DD. Guess my memory is failing me. As many times as I've watched Eastwood's spaghetti westerns I should have remembered. Always got a kick out of Eli Wallach.

That is ok...you were on the right track...

And I am still looking for the gold, too:bang: You are among a shrinking group of people who have that nugget of knowledge in their noggin.....congrats!

On 3/18/2017 at 11:31 AM, CindyN11 said:

I have two "cold cases" in my genealogy that I have been trying to solve for over 35 years, and like you, I lay awake at night trying to find the answers. Every search turns up NOTHING! It drives me nuts.

Cindy mine is a case involving a very suspicious death I worked. I had a good clearance % on my cases I and when it came to death investigations this was the singular one that I could not assemble. Drives me nuts. My old partner and I still email a few times a year playing the what if game...

I think I mentioned once long ago  I worked another one that lead me to be quite certain I had stumbled on to a serial killer, and had him, dead to nuts, on a attempt murder. Got him held over to answer to the felony....and the D.A. plead it out...this was in 1987...and I am still beyond angry. I am confident he killed at least 3 people and tried to kill 3 more. His last attempt was my case. I traced him clear back to Mississippi in the 50's where, as a youth, he stabbed a guy in a bar...but his dad knew a guy..  that is where he started.

I have been waiting, patiently, for this guy to die. Because I am writing a book....and he is now dead...

Also have a couple of dead end family tree deals...but that is another thread we need to start I guess...

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Cindy mine is a case involving a very suspicious death I worked. I had a good clearance % on my cases I and when it came to death investigations this was the singular one that I could not assemble. Drives me nuts. My old partner and I still email a few times a year playing the what if game...

I think I mentioned once long ago  I worked another one that lead me to be quite certain I had stumbled on to a serial killer, and had him, dead to nuts, on a attempt murder. Got him held over to answer to the felony....and the D.A. plead it out...this was in 1987...and I am still beyond angry. I am confident he killed at least 3 people and tried to kill 3 more. His last attempt was my case. I traced him clear back to Mississippi in the 50's where, as a youth, he stabbed a guy in a bar...but his dad knew a guy..  that is where he started.

I have been waiting, patiently, for this guy to die. Because I am writing a book....and he is now dead...

Also have a couple of dead end family tree deals...but that is another thread we need to start I guess...

So how is the book progressing? I will be buying it once it comes out.

Happy to have you throw your family tree dead ends my way. That is where I really excell.

Bob, wanna start a genealogy section? Could also use it to share information about those who used to live in abandoned towns, etc....

23 hours ago, Blueharley86 said:

Thanks Steve, the popcorn was great! But, now I am trying to understand the context of the quote. Seems out of place, or just over my head. Can you fill me in? 

Hi Bob....well, sort of pulled a blonde moment with what really was meant as a quote. I had typed more but not yet finished and bumped the enter key which submitted a partial comment. Guess I'm not smart enough to figure out how to retract a post.

What I was making mention of was a cute No Trespassing Sign I came across while looking for the town of Arrow CO. There were numerous little warning signs that stated "Trespassers will be shot on sight" Below the bright red warning there were in smaller wording. "Is there life after death? Trespass on this property and find out!".

Actually Bob I was just making sure you were paying attention. :sorry22:

1 minute ago, Blueharley86 said:

Hi Bob....well, sort of pulled a blonde moment with what really was meant as a quote. I had typed more but not yet finished and bumped the enter key which submitted a partial comment. Guess I'm not smart enough to figure out how to retract a post.

What I was making mention of was a cute No Trespassing Sign I came across while looking for the town of Arrow CO. There were numerous little warning signs that stated "Trespassers will be shot on sight" Below the bright red warning there were in smaller wording. "Is there life after death? Trespass on this property and find out!".

LOL Steve, I thought I was completely out of the loop and it was a quote from an old Western movie or something. At least I know I am not insane. :beer:

Ha. Funny. I forgot all about Arch Stanton's grave. Recently I watched The Outlaw Josie Wales, my favorite western of all times. May now go re-watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.  I haven't "talked" with Mona for a long time. She gave up, several times, and I certainly understand why. Recent interest in Nan's case gave her some hope, and I think problems that arose after that caused her, once again, let her down again. She has invested the majority of her life in trying to find Nan, with no success. I know, lots of people go missing. However, Mona seems like such a nice kid. If we do use cadaver dogs, and use some new techniques--some things that haven't been done in the past--an effort could be put together, with volunteers experienced in this kind of thing, to find Nam's remains. I don't have dogs or drones, but I surely would try to participate in a search. She is still somewhere between the place her car was found and Seven Troughs. It might, at least, give Mona some closure, even if we don't find her. Seems mines could be searched, graveyards... Dunno. We might find someone else's remains! Why not??

Tom Fuller in Lubbock, Texas

This time she decided to call it quits after the grandchildren and children of Harry and Lula (or Lulu if you prefer) found her on Facebook. At first they were somewhat kind to Mona, but then they seemed to start attacking her and she didn't want to deal with the stress, so she decided to erase her online presence and disappear. 

I see. Okay, I understand. That is sad, but I certainly understand why. Maybe it's best that she lay it to rest, altogether. She's calling the shots, and if she decides it's a done deal, then it is. But....if she did want to give 'er one more go, I wanted her to know some of us would support her. Thanks, Bob.

2 hours ago, TomFuller said:

I see. Okay, I understand. That is sad, but I certainly understand why. Maybe it's best that she lay it to rest, altogether. She's calling the shots, and if she decides it's a done deal, then it is. But....if she did want to give 'er one more go, I wanted her to know some of us would support her. Thanks, Bob.

I will continue to poke around while I am out there to see what I can find, but I think Mona just wants some peace and quiet, which I think she deserves. 

16 hours ago, Blueharley86 said:

I have seen signs like that, can you post the sign up? I have seen signs that say "trespassers will be shot, and those who survive should be shot again".  :beer: 

I actually seen a sign like that which stated "Do You Want To Know If God Exists, Trespass And Find Out". This one was hand painted by someone. I think a simple "Private Property" sign would have worked, but I guess they wanted to add a little humor to the sign. Honestly though, after looking at their property, I don't think I could imagine anyone actually wanting to trespass on their land full of garbage. :waitasec:

On a serious note though, I like it when people put up signs on their property to let others know where their private property begins. Makes life much easier when navigating the outdoors. :twocents:

Hello Bob.........agree 100%. It's much easier to know where boundaries lie when navigating unknown areas. Yes, some signs are humorous and I too have seen the being shot again should one survive the first. I found a bit more comical that if I were the property owner and I took a shot and the trespasser got back up. Two observations, either that person is quite resilient or I'm a terrible shot. In either case, maybe a little pistol whipping on the second go round may prove to be more effective? Just my thoughts.

I do believe I took several photos of different unique private property signs in my adventures, along with some videos of trans versing some obstacles getting to where I needed to go in the Rubicon. Only vehicle I've owned that we had to crawl over a felled tree blocking the creek bed up a steep hill. Couldn't go around it, so my next choice was to drive over it. Wasn't a huge pine tree but about 2.5 feet in diameter. I can safely say that yes, Fruit of The Looms can crawl into places you wish they didn't find and I'm not referring to a T-Shirt. I know, more info. than you needed to hear.................I need to get busy uploading a bunch of pics and videos.

Hello Bob,

Sorry for the lapse in getting back on the site. We did make the trip to Nevada, not quite following the planned out visit as it happened sort of at the last moment. We only had limited equipment due to the hurried departure but the one piece of equipment we had use of was the Thermal Underground Radar imaging unit. The three areas I wanted to check, the images that came back shows that the ground has been disturbed some time ago from the surrounding ground density images. Although it did not reveal any perfect images of what lay further underground, there is definitely something buried further below than what the radar could pick up. It's still in the making to bring in cadaver dogs at the same time that we have more equipment to excavate.

For now, that's all I have. Hoping to get back out there before the summer heat takes hold.

Hey Bob,

Maybe this thread is dying off? We're headed back to NV sometime in Sept. Had to review all the UR footage we took while we were there. As mentioned, some of the stills show certain that further below than the UR can read, it looks as though these forms could be bones. The color of these images are yellowish which is consistent with human bones as they do not turn white like animal carcasses or remains. I guess the venture stands more at curiosity than Mona having interest which may be a good position to take at this point. We might bring in one canine but even at that, the cost of doing so and as mentioned, not sure if our efforts will make any real difference.

We have been kicking around the idea of moving to Tonopah maybe early next year. Have a HAM Radio buddy who lives there and we have plans of visiting that old silver mining town when we hit NV. Sounds like a nice small town but I have some concerns of it also being a tourist trap?

For now, that's all I got. Great video on your last You Tube post..................hope I'm not babbling on a dead thread.

Blueharley: I'm Tom from Texas, and I read you, 10-2. I was very much interested in finding Nan's remains, 'til interest abruptly died off a few months ago. I'm still interested. I'd love to help find peace for Mona's heart, and resolve this. I used to be a pastor and counselor, and now I'm a teacher and singer. I like fixing things...problems that seem unsolvable. A Catholic once told me my patron saint was St. Jude, the patron saint of hopeless cases and lost causes. I considered that a compliment! Recently I have made a friend in Reno, with whom I am going to perform a two-man play that I wrote. So, if anybody wants to make a new effort to find Nan, I'd surely be interested. I think Mona feels she has exhausted all her efforts and resources, and that it will never be solved. Surely would be good for some fresh ears, eyes, hands and feet to enter the picture. Anyhow...I'm monitoring. And I hope this isn't a dead thread. Sure would be great if one of those cadaver search groups would volunteer to help out here. Wonder what it takes to procure one of those.  TnT

Thanks for the update Steve, I plan on searching more once I get a nice UTV or ATV. It's tough terrain out there in the summer. 

On 6/11/2017 at 1:36 AM, Blueharley86 said:

We have been kicking around the idea of moving to Tonopah maybe early next year. Have a HAM Radio buddy who lives there and we have plans of visiting that old silver mining town when we hit NV. Sounds like a nice small town but I have some concerns of it also being a tourist trap?

Tonopah is no tourist trap, especially if you are thinking in the manner of Virginia City. Tonopah is simply a small town, that is supported mainly by traffic on US6 and US95. Other factors are its role as the seat of Nye County, and to some degree mining at several large mines some distance away. Otherwise it has suffered considerably over the years from the cyclical effects of the economy, closing some long standing businesses. Prices tend to run higher for daily cost of living needs due to Tonopah's isolation and distance to major cities.

David,

Yes, my friend is in Tonopah to which we haven't really spoke much about the town other than he seems to be content there. I haven't had a chance to really study on the town other than knowing it's a fair distance NW of Vegas. For some reason I thought it was much closer to the strip and maybe had an overflow of tourists. We're looking for a smaller town. Been sort of scouting Tooele UT as well. Thanks for the info.

Hi, friends... I don't know how many still follow this thread. I hope a number of you still do. I haven't given up on finding Nan! But mainly I got on because today, Sept. 21, 2017, is the 39th anniversary of Nan's death, I believe. At least, of her disappearance. That sounds like a long time. But crimes have been solved after a longer time than this. Anyway, Mona, if you see this, I just want you to know I remembered. I know you still love and miss your Grandma, and that you have given most of your life since then to find her. 

Tom in Texas

Hi,

Im new to the forums, I was watching a youtube channel and they brought up Nan Dixon and after a bit of googling i ended up here. I havent read the whole thread yet so i dont know if it has been brought up but the youtube channel has recent footage from around the camp, they also go to where Nans car was found and go into a nearby mine. If anyone wants ill fire a link up to the videos, apologies if it has already been brought up.

Bivvla

Hi, Bivvia... I was just thinking about Nan this morning. Thanks for posting that. I would like to see some new info about her. I think Mona, here granddaughter, is way past weary of this.  Tom Fuller in Lubbock, Texas

Hi Tom, sorry but im now reading through the thread and the videos from the youtube channel were already posted by Bob.

Thanks